tiistai 30. kesäkuuta 2009

Nis, Serbia

One thing I never mentioned in this blog: rainy clouds seem to be following us everywhere. It was rather depressing to look at weather forecasts when in Finland it was going to be sunny all the time... lucky for me the forecasts are never accurate, at least on my road trip.

Anyway, here I am, after a few... alcoholic beverages, at a hostel in Nis in Serbia. It's been awesome. After leaving yet another fantastic host (Denes) this time in Budaors, a suburb of Budapest and the lovely city, I have arrived to Nis. And I guess it's a part of the slavic culture to make your guests feel like at home. I won't go into details but Eastern Europeans do know how to accommodate their friends even if it's about couchsurfing.

About driving: We left EU for the first time today. The roads in Hungary were in quite good condition, but I wouldn't say Serbia is any worse. Sure there are some quite... historical tracks at times, but mostly the infrastructure's in quite good condition. Not to mention the motorways on which you have to pay a certain fee to drive.

Tomorrow, if everything goes as planned, we'll be arriving to Sarajevo after a tour in Nis.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti